Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Monday, January 28, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday evening, at sunset, the sky was electrified. I had been out, with Bernie and Dorothy, for a pleasant afternoon early dinner of fish and chops in the Park at Lake Alexandra in Mittagong. I decided to take the scenic route home, along Range Road, and Tourist Road. As I did, I passed Lucy going back to her home. But I did not stop, as by then I realised there was a wonderful sunset developing. So I was rushing home to take some photos.
I took a series of photos, but this is the brightest, and most colourful. Lucy and I spoke on the phone this morning, and she now understands why I kept going in the opposite direction.....

What a difference a day makes!
This morning was foggy (unexpectedly). Then it cleared off, to a pleasant, mild, clear day. Then, equally unexpectedly, in the late afternoon, a fog developed out of Kangaroo Valley below my house. Often the summer fogs we get in Robertson roll in from the coast (moist air rising off the ocean and condensing into low cloud, actually). But this evening's fog was unusual.

Here it is.As Robertson fogs go, it was quite thin. So, the light was really unusual. The greens were very intense. I could just see the ridge across the local valley (as far as Pearson's Lane). So visibility would be estimated at 1 Kilometre.

As the song says: What a difference a day makes!

No comments: