Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Orchid - Calanthe australasica

I have written before about this Christmas Orchid.
It is not quite a "local", but it is growing on the South Coast of NSW, around Ulladulla. But its name and flower-timing makes it totally appropriate for my posting at Christmas.

Last week, on the way back to Robertson from Merimbula, I stopped off at a particular locality, beside the Princes Highway, where the Christmas Orchid is known to be found.
Two minutes checking, and these images were in my Camera.

Flower head of Christmas Orchid
The flower of Calanthe australasica


1 comment:

mick said...

Beautiful orchid and so appropriate for today. Season's greetings to you and I look forward to more beautiful orchid photos in 2013.