Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cloud formations over Robertson

Last Wednesday, while on the way to the Robertson Village Music Society chamber music concert, I suddenly noticed the wonderful bank of clouds forming up over the coastal escarpment, just east of town. So, naturally I stopped to take a couple of photos of the clouds.
Shortly afterwards, someone asked me what I had been photographing in the main street of Robertson. To me, it was self-evident that I would photograph such a wonderful sky. But, different people see things differently.Earlier in the same day, I had taken this photo from my back deck, with bright warm light coming from behind me, and fluffy clouds dancing around the tall trees down at the cemetery hill (top left horizon - behind the big Power Stanchion)
While I was there with my camera, a male Golden Whistler landed in a Wattle Tree just a few feet away from me, and then looked over his shoulder, and got a bit of a surprise to find my camera pointed at him.
Naturally, he did not stay there long. I had hoped to entice him to turn around and give me the full frontal view of his golden yellow chest. Alas, he did not cooperate. Click on the image, to see the fine whiskers around his beak, and fluffy white feathers under his chin. A lovely bird to see up so close - even for just a brief moment.

1 comment:

Barbee' said...

You know, those people probably didn't even see that beautiful bank of clouds. It never ceases to amaze me that people notice different things. You have the eye of an artist and it "jumped out at you" so to speak. My husband and I are forever seeing different things. I will mention something and he says he didn't see it. Interesting.

Your blog is rich in topics and material. Thank you.