Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cold Climate Cattle

To distinguish from the Brahman cattle I showed yesterday, here are a few of the "regular" cattle from the Robertson area. I should say, these are beef cattle - the local Dairy Cattle look quite different from these beasts.

This is a mixed herd, from one of my neighbours' properties.Here is a young black Bull, close up. He is a very fine specimen indeed.Here he is standing beside one of his cows. Although he does not give evident signs (not evident to me, anyway) he has something on his mind.
This is what he was thinking about.
But, as they say in those Mills and Boon novels (apparently) - at least he still respects her afterwards. They look to me like the "odd couple", but obviously they are well matched.


A note from the owner:
I don't think our bull - Jac is his name - is a paid up card carrying member of actors equity. So photograph him to your heart's content. He is a very sweet and gentle soul who as you have seen, does earn his keep.


Indeed he does earn his keep! DJW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a robust beautiful bull!! The owners must be very proud.

Denis Wilson said...

Thanks
Indeed the owners are proud of Jac, as I now know he is called.
I asked them, facetiously if he was a fully paid up member of Actors Equity, and so if there would be any problems with me having photographed him.
I got this reply:
"I don't think our bull - Jac is his name - is a paid up card carrying member of actors equity. So photograph him to your heart's content. He is a very sweet and gentle soul who as you have seen, does earn his keep.

"Have forwarded it to my son who is working in Tokyo - something for his local friends!!"

DJW - I should imaging people in Tokyo would be intrigued to see a beautiful young Bull like Jac up close and personal, like that.