Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Friday, July 27, 2012

Lena's final resting place.

I spoke with Zoe several days ago and said I needed to bury Lena (which I was not looking forward to). She straight away suggested I select a spot where Lena liked to "hang out".

Good Idea.
That was pretty easy.
Lena's final resting place catches the morning sun
and is cool and shady in summer

Just out the front of my house, and to the side, there is a mixed planting of Camellias, Azaleas and a Japanese Maple. Underneath the Maple is a little open patch, where Lena used lie in summer, in the afternoon shade, or to catch the morning sun, in winter.

small statue
marking Lena's final resting place

I buried Lena there, and then added a small statue of a kneeling figure, which Zoe had given me several years ago.

10 comments:

Flabmeister said...

Denis

Just back, so my condolences are belated. They are from my heart however: you know how I love small dogs.

Martin

Wilma said...

such a lovely spot to keep memories of Lena close.

Paul said...

Mate, I feel for you - lost my best buddy a while ago, so I can truly empathise ... take care.

Paul

Denis Wilson said...

Thanks Martin, Wilma and Paul

I appreciate your comments very much.
Of the three of you, only Martin had met Lena, but we all know what it is like to share our lives with a small dog, obviously.

Thanks folks.

Denis

Jodie said...

Ah Denis that's lovely, we think of you every day

Denis Wilson said...

Thanks Jodie.
I appreciate your comments very much.

Denis

Snail said...

That's a lovely spot for her, Denis.

Denis Wilson said...

I know many people, including Zoe, tried to leave messages for me.
Unfortunately the "comments" function has messed up, and I have lost a number of comments.
Please accept my thanks.
Denis

Unknown said...

It's lovely you have her near the front door Denis, you can think of her each time you come and go...although I guess that could be quite painful too. At least you have her close.

Denis Wilson said...

Thanks Sam.
Yes, she is close by, and also it was her favourite place to hang out, in summer, on a hot day, in the shade of the Japanese Maple.
Denis