Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

If you're not pissed off at the world, then you're just not paying attention

I found this reference the other day, and I was totally impressed with the quote (above).
OK, there is some ambiguity, as I am not "pissed off" at the natural world, but certainly I am pissed off with the political world and the human society.

And I know I am not alone in that.

A perfect little Maroonhood Orchid
I don't have a problem with this.

***********************
Kasey Chambers "Ignorance" lyrics.

Don't wanna read the paper
I don't like bad news
Last night a man got shot
Outside the house of blues
I'd like to ignore it
I'd like to just pretend
That the reason for it
Is something I can comprehend

I don't listen to the radio

Last time it made me cry
Two boys went crazy
Fifteen kids died

And I don't know their families

I don't ask 'em how they're going
They're on the other side of the world
But it's way too close to home
 


I've got something to say
And I thought it might be worth a mention
If you're not pissed off at the world
Then you're just not paying attention


And you can turn off the TV

And go about your day
But just 'cos you don't see it
It don't mean its gone away hey

We don't talk to our neighbours

They've got funny coloured skin
We see 'em out on the sidewalk
But we don't invite 'em in

We only eat when we're hungry

And we throw the rest away
While babies in Cambodia
Are starving everyday

We risk our lives

We hit our wives
We act like everything is funny
We hide our pain

While we go insane

We sell our souls for money
We curse our mums
We build our bombs
We make our children cry
We watch the band
While Vietnam
Just watch their children die

Read more: KASEY CHAMBERS - IGNORANCE LYRICS
http://www.metrolyrics.com/ignorance-lyrics-kasey-chambers.html#ixzz24G37QXTt
Copied from MetroLyrics.com


Listen to her singing it here

2 comments:

Mummaroo said...

Oh Denis - this hits the nail right on the head, and is EXACTLY how I feel at the moment. Kay.

Denis Wilson said...

Join the Club, Kay.
Makes me feel better, that I am not alone.
Strength in numbers, eh?
Denis