Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Timing is everything, when taking photos

Yesterday the Cherry Trees which line the main street of Robertson were at their glorious best (fully opened flowers).
The light was clear and bright.
I suddenly realised that I ought take their photos.

Pink, double-flowered Cherry Trees
in the main street of Robertson.

A close-up of just one spray of Cherry Blossom

Just as well that I got those shot when I did, as later on in that afternoon, it got misty, and then it drizzled overnight. Today it has been misty, followed by a sudden thunderstorm.
There is no doubt in my mind that the Cheery Blossoms will have been destroyed or at least, their beauty will have peaked.

As I say, Timing is everything when taking photos, in Nature.

4 comments:

Snail said...

Excellent timing, Denis. How many times do we put off taking the photo and then rue the decision?!

Denis Wilson said...

Thanks Snail.
.
Exactly. You obviously know what I mean.
.
Hope it didn't sound like I was bragging about having got it right - for once.
Cheers
Denis

Snail said...

Bragging? Not at all. (Anyway, even if you were, why on earth shouldn't you?)

Wally said...

Gorgeous. Glad you didn't miss getting the photos.