Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Rain appears to have eased - for now.

We have had what the Bureau of Meteorology people refer to as a "Rainfall Event".
Three days of rain, (constant rain all day yesterday) and heavy rain overnight on Friday night and again on Saturday night. In that period I got 202mm of rain which is 7.95 inches in the old measures. That is a lot of rain, but not problematic here, fortunately.

There is something to be said for living on top of a ridge.

I will be going out now to try to photograph Carrington Falls.

Several hours later.
Delay caused by heavy rain the day before triggering me to put my headlights on (during the day)
Naturally I forgot to turn them off, with the usual result - flat battery this morning.

Eventually I got there, thanks to my helpful neighbour Kat giving me a jump start.
Just as well I have trained myself to reverse park, so helpful neighbours can drive in close to the front of my car, ready for attachment of my Jumper Leads. At least I've got that down to a fine art.

Kangaroo River from the Bridge
on Carrington Falls Road

Carrington Falls in heavy flow
following 200mm of rain in the district.
Taken the morning after heavy rain.


The Maelstrom at the bottom pf the Falls/

I like this small and precarious ledge
on side of the falls.
Huge thunderstorm has just broken out directly overhead.
Torrential rain falling.
Not "lashing rain" Pounding rain.
Lightning strike might take out my computer unless I turn off now.....\

2 comments:

Brigid said...

Hope you are not covered in mildew! :-)

Denis Wilson said...

No. I am dry as is my house. Rest of the country is drenched. But it "feels right" that way, up here.
Thanks
Denis