Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Friday, December 16, 2005

A poet from the Ming Dynasty - speaks for me.

I have built a hut
/


In the heart of the hills.
/


There I dwell
/


And watch with joy
/


The pageant of the seasons
/


Trooping by.



*****




I keep no record
/


Of the passing years;
/


I only see the flowers
/


Bloom and die.



*********


(Yu Shih K'ung)
(Ming Dynasty)




*********




For those of you who know me,
that probably seems fairly apt.



*****



The title is" The Recluse", which may seem less apt. I will leave that to others to observe and decide.




*********



This poem is contained in a book I bought over the Internet,
"sight unseen", because of its title:

'A Garden of Peonies"





Translations of Chinese Poems - Henry H. Hart

Stanford University Press, Stanford, California, USA. 1938





*********



My daughter, Zoe, found this particular poem in the book,
and brought it to my attention. For that I thank her.

No comments: