Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Nature of Patience

How can I complain if the Outreach Nurse doesn't arrive to take my blood samples till 11:30am? Well, I might feel like complaining that I have lost half the day. But what if the nurse on whom I was waiting, was busy helping someone who desperately needed admission to the Oncology Ward?

It makes my complains seem trivial, doesn't it?

I am still awaiting being released from the "system", and getting edgier and edgier. But Tough, Denis!

Here is a photo of a Bottlebrush - Callistemon sp. (species unrecorded by me) which I took at the Botanic Gardens (ANBG) in Canberra, several weeks ago. Leo told me that it is one of the few Australian flowers which he wished he could grow, but in wet, cold and soggy, Nova Scotia. that is a bit of an ask. My advice to him was that he ought concentrate on the wonderful plants he can grow there (as per my postings of several days ago). But such is the Nature of Gardeners, we strive to grow things which are beyond what is reasonable to try and grow in our own patches. Fortunately, for most Australian blog-readers, Callistemons are amongst the easiest of Australian plants to grow, and as the photo shows, some of the showiest.

This photo has served to cheer me up, you might be pleased to learn.

No comments: