Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Nature of Spring Flowers

Purple Wallflower
Here are some Spring Flower photos which I wish to share with you. Click on the images to enlarge them.

The photos are all taken with the Macro Lens on my camera. I am just learning how to control the macro lens, with the kind assistance of David Young and Richard Jones.
Snowflake - arching flowers

Thanks to both of them for the time they have spent with me, and for their encouragement.





Snowflake
I am learning to experiment with the variables of F-stops (aperture settings) and shutter speeds, and also with the
light from the flash. The latter was most
problematic, with
the Snowflakes, which have an almost crystalline structure in their translucent petals, giving them great reflectivity.






Jonquil - single
This is a lovely single Jonquil, which was in with a bunch of "Earlicheer" double Jonquils. As with "Earlicheer", this Jonquil has a lovely sweet perfume. It has a far nicer perfume than the distinctive odour emitted by the gold and orange Jonquils, known as "soleil d'or" (golden sun).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are clearly a good student, Denis. I would dearly love to know about things like apertures and speed and light etc. The jonquil was my favourite.

Denis Wilson said...

Thanks for the comment.

My personal preference is for the spray of pendant white bells on the Snowflake.

Though I admit being pleased with the visible pollen grains on the Jonquil.

Seabee said...

Denis, you're doing pretty well for a learner!