Christmas Bells

Christmas Bells
Christmas Bells - Blandfordia nobilis

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Most women are .....

For historic reasons and some accidental ones, my current collection of playable CDs (i.e., the ones I can find) strongly favours the powerful voice of Nina Simone. (Photograph by Javier Collados) .

After numerous "repeat plays" today, I came to the conclusion that Nina was a woman.

*****

Judy and I had been in Bowral today, and when we returned home, Judy went to play something on the CD player. I asked her not to play any more of the Nina Simone CDs we had been listening to in the morning.
*****

I commented that I was tired of all that "yearning". I should have said "tired by all that yearning", but would it have made much difference?
*****

I foolishly continued that it seemed that Nina Simone was more woman than most men could cope with.

Straight away, the answer came back: "Most women are".
*****

What is a bloke to say to that?



No comments: